Calendar of Events - 2012
Cricket Cares brings you a tennis ball Triple Wicket Cricket Tournament to raise funds for a good cause. Register your name in a child's heart. Come join us as we join hands to fulfill a child's dream. One Run at a Time.
For more information click here.
Making a difference!
In Jun 2010, Cricket Cares conduted its annual tennis ball triple wicket tournament to raise funds for Tamilnadu Association for the blind based out of Salem, India.
About Tamilnadu Association for the Blind:
- "THE TAMIL NADU ASSOCIATION FOR THE BLIND" was founded in the year 1999 by Mr. Aasair Nallathambi from Madurai, India, who himself was blind. His urge to bring care centers to the visibly challenged led to the birth of this organization. With humble beginnings the association now has its branches in four centers in Tamil Nadu. At present the association�s center in Salem is running with help of subsidies from the Tamil Nadu State Government which is giving Rs.200($4) per student, which is sufficient only for the staff salaries, and maintenance expenses. It is only with the contribution and the kind-hearted support of many philanthropists that the organization is sustaining itself.
- The home in Salem currently has about 75 students ranging from the age of 5 to 20 years. 48 of them are partially or completely blind, 19 are deaf and dumb and 3 have Mental Health problems. All of them are school going and are studying in various Governments schools nearby.
In July 2008, Cricket Cares conducted its annual tennis ball Triple Wicket Cricket Tournament to raise funds.
Part of the proceeds donated to CRY America Pittsburgh towards supporting the cause of under-privileged kids in India ans USA.
About Cry America:
- CRY America is a nonprofit that works towards restoring to underprivileged children, especially Indian, their basic rights to survival, protection, development and participation. CRY America is driven by its vision of a "just" world in which all children have equal opportunities to develop to their full potential and realize their dreams. With the support of over 500 volunteers and 10,000 donors, CRY America has impacted the lives of over 156,000 children living across 1211 urban, rural and tribal communities in India and USA.
- The Pittsburgh Action Center of CRY America was started by two volunteers in 2003, and has now grown to over a dozen core volunteers. We are one of 25 action centers in the U.S., which through methods of gaining sponsors and holding fundraising events like Festival in the Park, raise capital and awareness in support of CRY America’s mission.
- To know more about CRY Pittsburgh, visit: CRY Pittsburgh
In August 2008, Cricket Cares conducted its annual tennis ball Triple Wicket Cricket Tournament to raise funds for an Indian Child Welfare Centre, "Annai Fathima Trust". The tournament was a grand success and we were able to contribute in excess of $3000 towards building a library for the center.
In September 2007 Cricket Cares conducted its first Tennis Ball Double Wicket Cricket Tournament to raise funds for an Indian Charity "Udavum Karangal" aka "Helping Hands". The tournament was a grand success and collected a total of over $4000. All proceeds from the tournament went towards sponsoring 5 children.
For more details on event please visit: 2007
Top row: Sneha,Manoj, Kabir Below:Basco, Arani